Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Granola Goodness!

I finally used up the frozen Carrot Cake Granola wet mix from a while back in this super goodness packed batch of granola. It's been a while since I've made granola and my honey was asking for some so I took the time to make it happen. I try to go easy on grains, even gluten free as it can be a bit hard on my guts and I've got the bloated tummy this week to prove I need to take it easy once again. But it's just SO DARN YUMMY!

Let's see if I can remember what I put into this bin of crunchy yums. The wet ingredients were carrots, dates, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, cloves, banana and coconut oil blended until smooth.
In a GIANT Pyrex bowl (like this one that I have and LOVE!) I added a bunch of sprouted buckwheat groats, gf oats, Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cacao nibs, dried cranberries and raisins and chia seeds. I think that's it!

So I mixed all the dry ingredients up and then poured on about 1/2 to 1 cup of the wet mix, mixing to make sure every bit is a bit wet. Then I spread it all onto a few dehydrator sheets and dehydrated it overnight at about 118 degrees until it was crisp and dry. If you don't have a dehydrator, you can bake it in the oven on a low temperature keeping a close eye on it so it doesn't burn.

This will keep indefinitely in a sealed container in the cupboard or fridge. It's such a versatile recipe so feel free to throw whatever you want into the mix!
I threw some of my granola in my Super Snack Mason Jar of Goodness today along with some hemp hearts, cacao nibs, blueberries, banana, peanuts, chia seeds, cinnamon and some brown rice milk. You can also add any kind of milk to the granola in a covered container or jar in the fridge overnight and warm it up in the morning for a toasty, powerhouse breakfast! Or blend up some frozen bananas and top with some granola. Or mix the granola with some fresh fruit for a bedtime snack. Or just grab a spoon and scarf that tasty stuff down any time of day! SO many ways to enjoy this energy packed snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget