Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Changing things up on the lunch front!

This week I'm changing up my work snacks a bit. Usually I fill a couple big jars with fresh fruit & always have apples on hand & that seems to fill me up, munching all day long while guzzling water. My change up this week was to bring a smaller jar filled with not only fresh fruit but some other super goodies in the mix. Super easy & VERY tasty & filling!
This super jar of goodness had local wild blueberries and juice from said berries after defrosting (BONUS!), banana, Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts, sprouted buckwheat groats from Harvest Moon Society's food buying club, cinnamon, cacao nibs and chia seeds. Along with a splash of organic brown rice milk, I shook it like a Polaroid picture and popped it in the fridge overnight. The chia seeds worked their magic and it was a creamy, thick treat packed with goodness!

Today's mixture included organic raspberries, ground up goji berries, Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts (I can't get enough of this awesome, complete protein), chia seeds, sprouted sunflower seeds, banana, cinnamon and a splash of organic vanilla brown rice milk. My belly is so happy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget