Thursday, January 23, 2014

Here's to new beginnings in a new year!

Well, it's been an exciting, interesting, educational and inspiring few months. My fellow crafter and food lover, Deb and I started Andorah's Feast with a goal to feed like minded and like tummied people our raw, vegan treats.
We wanted everyone with diet restrictions, allergies or sensitivities to know they don't need to eat the flavorless, processed foods on the grocery store shelves. We were making treats and snacks packed with delicious goodness leaving out all the garbage we and our bodies don't need. But in that process, we realized that the amount of work, time, money and sacrifice required to make and sell our goods several times a month was just too much for us to handle. So, with much discussion, Deb has decided to step away from the project for now to focus on her health and her work in becoming a Holistic Nutritionist. I'm not quite ready to stop making food for you guys yet so I'm in the process of working out how I'm going to go forward with this project on a solo mission. So first order of business: a new name! And Dandee Eats it is! I thought it would be a good idea to stick with my existing business name as a theme to my ever evolving love of making. My handmade shop in Osborne Village, Sew Dandee is my first love as well as my primary source of income and so in keeping with the Dandee name, Dandee Eats is born!
And I'm thrilled to say I'll be selling with my first Sew Dandee/Dandee Eats combo table at the Point Douglas is for Lovers Craft Sale on Saturday February 8th! This new sale is sure to be an amazing and memorable one running for a great cause. I'll have a wide selection of my Dandee cards for all you lovers (and haters!) of that fake holiday, Valentine's Day as well as tons of other occasions alongside some NEW vegan treats like my Sweet Tart Macaswoons (think strawberries and lemon) and my Brawnie Choco-Pops sure to satisfy your gluten free, refined sugar free sweet tooth.
The sale happens at Grace Point Church at 137 Euclid Ave. in the North End of Winnipeg from 12 noon to 4pm with a $1 charge at the door. I hope you all can make it! Be sure to follow my food adventures along with recipes, raw vegan dinner parties, potlucks, sales and much more on my blog and Facebook page to stay up to date on what I'm whipping up in my kitchen. I want this to be a community venture so let's work together to eat better, eat local and get everyone in the kitchen and in the garden. Eat real food. Feel real good.

1 comment:

  1. congrats Andee! This is exciting =-) And, congrats to Deb, too!! So excited to see that Andorah's feast gave you both what you needed to move ahead =-) Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Bird Gadget