Thursday, February 13, 2014

Confessions of an overindulger.

Today's confession/lesson: If it's in my house, I'll eat it. And I'll eat it all. At once. No matter how full I already am.



This is a lesson I continue to struggle with learning. And learning to STOP eating when I'm full or even just before I'm full. You'd think that with how shitty (literally) it makes me feel to overindulge, I'd have learned my lesson by now. Clearly, I have yet to catch on. Needless to say, Mac and I have committed to only bringing fruits and veggies to our weekend getaway this long weekend. Here's hoping we stick to that plan! *sigh*

Before I scarfed down all those chips and chocolate last night, I had the most delicious soup with some Mary's Gone Crackers! Again, it was a throw-it-all-in-the-pot kind of soup that included some organic local beets, celery, onion, corn, local peas, broccoli, garlic, ginger, paprika, cayenne pepper, fresh ground pepper, some of my homemade veggie broth, a can of coconut milk and a scoop of sprouted brown rice and sprouted bean mix. The rice and bean mix are both from Costco and they're AWESOME! Great dry goods to keep on hand and they both cook rather quickly, too. I just added some extra liquid to the pot for the beans and grains to soak up. DEEEEELISH and it freezes well too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget