Monday, February 3, 2014

Make it feel like summer on your dinner plate, #Winnipeg!

Well, the avocados I was dreaming about while at work on Sunday ended up being (nearly) PERFECTLY ripe for this amazing salad!

Cherry tomatoes, mini bell peppers, broccoli, fresh ginger and lemon zest. Felt like summer even if for only a moment.
My super fresh, summery salad was dressed with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Sriracha sauce, grated fresh ginger and lemon zest and juice, fresh ground pepper and a dash of tumeric. Tossed together, it made a lovely side salad for my collard wraps.


I'm embarrassed to say these were my first at-home collard green wraps! I can't believe it took me this long to try making them! After trimming away the thicker part of the stem, I added some matchstick slices of a golden beet, some black beans, some of my homemade sauerkraut, a few chunks of roasted sweet potato and some hemp hearts for good measure. On the topic of sauerkraut and keeping your gut a happy place, check out this video by Raw. Vegan. Not Gross. Added bonus: The host of this YouTube channel is all kinds of adorable. I mean..... she used one of my favorite words. Dickens. I've got a girl crush on her, truth be told.


It was a bit tricky getting the collard to wrap without everything falling out but it was still delicious! And really, it's obvious that I don't really care about how 'pretty' my food is. This ain't no Martha Stewartesque blog, that's for dang sure.
It really was a summery feeling dinner that Mac and I both thoroughly enjoyed. And it took almost no time to make up! I super sized the avocado salad so, lucky me, I get to have it for supper again tonight! Another trip to the tropics for dinner tonight! Maybe I'll bust out my bikini as my dinner wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget